Letshego Bank Tanzania Ltd
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Dar es Salaam
Banking, Finance & Insurance
To facilitate sustainable growth, develop strong customer relationships, and protect the company’s margins and profits to maximize the value of the company’s accounts receivable. This is accomplished by minimizing exposure to bad debt and maintaining an acceptable level of risk by quickly and accurately processing credit applications, reviewing the credit worthiness of new and existing customers, setting appropriate credit limits and terms, securing extensions of credit, and collecting overdue accounts
Minimum Qualification: Masters
Experience Level: Management level
Experience Length: 8 years
Reports to: Chief Finance Officer
Internal relations: Credit Analyst, Operation department, IT department as well as sales team.
External relation: Other banks, Legal counsel, Police, local authorities, Debt collectors, auctioneers, Clients as well as government boards.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- To lead the sustainable development of the credit portfolio of Letshego Bank (T) Limited
- To supervise and monitor the credit department on the achievement of the commercial targets on the loan portfolio
- To share feedbacks from the field (branches, clients, environment) which can be used to improve lending products and strategy.To develop and ensure the implementation of and compliance with loans policies, methodologies, manuals, procedures, guidelines and good practices
- To ensure risk related to credit activity is properly managed at branch level and that BM and SRO properly manage their supervision controls on lending activities. And to follow up on responses to Risk departments findings as far as credit risk is concerned
- To supervise the coaching and building of the capacity of branch staff including Relationship Officers (RO), Senior Relationship Officers (SRO) and Branch Managers (BM) together with training unit
- To carry out direct prospection of large SME prospects, to conduct management visits, take decisions in loan committees and carry out Clients’ monitoring visits
- To supervise the legal and recovery unit and manage the relations with debt collectors and auctioneers in order to ensure the best legal coverage possible for our loans and the best management/recovery possible of defaulting loans.
- To contribute to the elaboration of the budget in terms of loan clients, loan volume and portfolio quality and to ensure that the performance of the bank is in line with the budget in terms of number of loan clients, loan volume, cost of risk (Provisioning for PAR and write offs) and revenue generated by the loan portfolio.
- To participate to recruitment of Relationship Officers and Relationship Officers and to share needs for recruitments and staff rotation.
- To analyse the results in order to propose corrective measures and to contribute to the different internal and external reporting as far as credit activity is concerned.
Credit Manager shall have the following skills/qualities;
- Strong Analytical skills
- Software knowledge of work
- Integrity / Quality of reporting information
- Oral and written expression
- Proficiency in Credit risk analysis
- Good Commercial relations
- Teamwork/Team spirit
Masters degree (economics, business, finance, commerce, management, marketing)
Work experience required (domain and number of years):
Experience as network supervisor, credit manager or similar for at least 3 years
Commercial experience in micro-finance for at least 8 years
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa