Training and Capacity Building Associate
About the Role
- With the guidance of the Manager – Training and Capacity Development, the Training and Capacity Building Associate is responsible for the development and successful implementation of the Center for Strategic Litigation training programs including the flagship East Africa Emerging Public Interest Advocates Program.
- The incumbent will work hand in hand with CSL staff, implementing partners, resource persons, fellows of the training program, vendors, service providers, bar associations and CSL donors to coordinate collective efforts towards the successful implementation of the program.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing tools including project documents, budgets, checklists, charts, surveys and calendars to ensure the program is appropriately monitored and progress is successfully tracked throughout its implementation.
- The incumbent will work hand in hand with the Chief Executive Officer in identifying partners for the program including prospective donors, technical assistance and implementing partners with clearly defined roles for the program.
- Guided by the CSL five-year strategy, the incumbent will play a leading role in designing training programs for non-lawyers as well as members of the judiciary in collaboration with local and international partners.
- As need arises, the candidate will also support the research function of the Center for Strategic Litigation.
- The Training and Capacity Building Associate will lead CSL’s efforts to aptly account for the success and challenges in implementing the training programs and lead documentation, learning, monitoring and evaluation efforts relevant to them.
General responsibilities include:
- Successfully implement responsibilities and assigned activities linked to the East Africa Emerging Public Interest Advocates Program (and associated budgets) consistent with CSL’s interests, values and policies.
- Contribute effectively to planning, monitoring, reporting, organisational knowledge on the training and capacity development portion of CSL’s work.
- Comply with and foster adherence to the established CSL policies, regulations, guidelines and procedures.
- Participate actively in and contribute to organization-wide learning and other joint activities.
- Undertake any other lawful tasks as may be assigned by the Manager – Training and Capacity Development or the Chief Executive Officer.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY