Nafasi za kazi Grumeti Fund Trust-GIS And Data Analysis Specialits
GIS AND DATA ANALYSIS SPECIALIST
Nafasi za kazi Grumeti Fund Trust-GIS And Data Analysis Specialits The Grumeti Fund Trust’s Research & Monitoring department is looking for a highly qualified and motivated candidate to be recruited for the position of GIS and Data Analysis Specialist. This is a management role within the department and the specialist will be expected to also fulfill the role of Deputy Head of Research & Monitoring.
DEPARTMENT: RESEARCH AND MONITORING
DUTY STATION GRUMETI; MARA REGION, TANZANIA
REPORTING LINE HEAD OF DEPARTMENT; RESEARCH AND MONITORING
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Closely participate in designing and planning ecological monitoring and research work
- Coordinate all Grumeti Fund ecological monitoring activities in the Grumeti Concessions, as guided by existing protocols, agreements and collaborations, and in close collaboration with Head of Research and Monitoring.
- Lead and/or supervise all day to day data collection activities and the subsequent data management post-fieldwork.
- Deliver improved environmental and ecological data collection, management and analysis outcomes.
- Lead the creation, visualization and analysis of biological, environmental and ecological spatial data derived from field data collection, in combination with existing internal and external datasets.
- Review and streamline the mapping and GIS work that GF does (in order to further enhance the quality and accessibility of resulting GIS products).
- Plan, produce, maintain and update highly useable professional maps, using ArcGIS and QGIS in combination with other mapping, data analysis and visualization tools, to help managers and other key stakeholders in their decision-making processes.
- Assist the Head of Research & Monitoring in day to day administration and departmental management activities.
- Actively contribute skills, talent and effort to other cross-cutting aspects of the Grumeti Fund’s work – i.e. Community outreach, environmental awareness, resource protection, conservation management, communications, and fundraising as necessary.
- Duties require both field- and office-based work, the proportion of which will vary within and between years. Candidates must be flexible and enjoy working in both environments.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A conservation-related B.Sc. and a Master’s degree in GIS or Biostatistics with GIS Major. Alternatively, Biostatics or GIS majors at undergraduate level with a good M.Sc. focused on conservation science will also be considered provided the candidate has at least four years of practical experience in GIS – two of which should preferably be after completion of the Master’s degree.
- Expert knowledge and extensive practical skills in key GIS applications (ArcGIS and open-source platforms, such as QGIS, preferred).
- Proficiency with programming languages such as SQL, R, or python.
- Proficiency with remote sensing tasks (image analysis, change mapping based on remotely sensed data and related software or tools such as IDRISI, GRASS, etc.) Familiarity with mapping and analysis in Google Earth Engine and R is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with field data collection applications, such as ODK, CyberTracker, and Survey123.
- Environmental database development and management skills.
- Excellent technical and academic writing skills and experience (preferably having published at least one peer-reviewed paper in a reputable journal as primary author).
- Highly dependable leadership and people management skills.
- Highly organized and able to manage diverse tasks and data efficiently.
- At least four years progressive experience in a similar role and setting; international experience is preferable but not a requirement.
- Advanced professional English writing and editing skills.
DESIRABLE ATTRIBUTES AND QUALITIES:
- Proactive, flexible, and result-oriented
- Empathetic, virtuous and value-driven team player who strives for excellence in an inclusive manner
- Trustworthy, confident, reliable and accountable
- Good stakeholder engagement skills and negotiation experience
- Ability to function effectively in a multi-cultural, fast-paced environment
- Fluent in both English and Kiswahili (spoken and written)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Driving skills (including rough terrain and 4×4 conditions) with a clean Class C license
- Graphic design skills advantageous but not required
Also apply for these:
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants with qualifications for this position should submit their applications letter and CV with details of their abilities and qualifications and at least three (3) contact persons via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and or by postal mail clearly addressed to:
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
P.O.BOX 65, MUGUMU, SERENGETI, TANZANIA.
Deadline for receiving Applications is 15th December 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Grumeti Fund Trust is an equal opportunity employer, women with qualifications are highly encouraged to apply.
FOR Government Job Visiti Ajira portal
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa