Logistics Management Services Advisor 2 Positions
The Global Health Supply Chain Program – Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC-TA-TZ) project, supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), provides expert technical assistance to Tanzania to strengthen country supply chain systems across all health elements, e.g., malaria, family planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) as well as essential medicines and medical supplies. In coordination with in-country and development partners, GHSC-TA-TZ assists Government of Tanzania (GoT) health programs by providing strategic planning and implementation assistance; improving the delivery of health commodities to service sites; providing capacity building support to broaden stakeholders’ understanding and engagement of the supply chain system; and strengthening enabling environments to improve supply chain performance.
GHSC-TA-TZ is seeking to recruit the following positions:
Job Title: Logistics Management Services Advisors – 2 Positions
Department/Unit: Capacity Building and Data Use
Location:GHSC-TA-TZ project office: Dodoma
Reports to: Capacity Building and Data Use Team Lead
The Logistics Management Services (LMS) Advisor will work under the technical guidance of the Capacity Building and Data Use Team Lead, and is focused on building capacity of LMS staff. She/he is dedicated to ensuring that LMS staff have the skills required to enable them to fulfill the scope, functions, and activities of the LMS as described in the updated LMS Charter, and supports the transition of the LMS to GoT. This position will be based at the GHSC-TA-TZ project office, Dodoma with occasional travel to zones.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identify training needs for LMS staff, according to roles and responsibilities as out lined in the LMS Charter, LMS Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) manual, and job descriptions
- Develop approach for ongoing capacity building of LMS staff and related curriculum, tools, job aids, etc.
- Utilize a variety of training methods/approaches: mentoring, OJT, classroom training and e-learning to build the capacity of LMS staff
- Act as a technical resource to LMS staff
- Cultivate leadership and management skills of individuals responsible for managing the LMS, including leadership at PSU, MSD, and Po-RALG.
- Assist in monitoring the performance of the LMS, highlighting areas of improvement, and developing plans to address those areas.
- Update supply chain related SOPs and related training materials as necessary.
- Conduct trainings on technical supply chain topics, consulting skills and administrative topics.
- Assist in transition of LMS to GoT, monitor the progress of transition, highlight obstacles, and develop plans for addressing obstacles
- Ensure GHSC-TA-TZ workplan activities around LMS support are completed on time and of high quality, and coordinated across technical teams
- Support the monitoring of the implementation of the LMS workplan
- Document success stories, best practices, and lessons learned
- Serve as a technical resource for project staff for implementing supply chain improvement strategies and management approaches
- Prepare presentations, participate and/or represent the project in stakeholder meetings.
- Complete and submit in a timely fashion written technical and trip reports.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals or lawful residents who possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A qualified Pharmacist, Degree in Supply Chain Management, Public Health, Statistics, or related degree with at least five years of experience in health programs.
- Experience working in Tanzania’s public health supply chain.
- Ability to analyze supply chain data, conduct root cause analysis, and prepare quality presentation/reports
- Experience providing supply chain trainings
- Knowledge of various electronic health information systems such as eLMIS and E9
- Ability to coach and mentor public sector stakeholders
- Proven strong leadership skills and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and work independently.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- Excellent written and verbal English
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with the Government of Tanzania and other NGOs preferred.
- Previous work experience with USAID-funded projects desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying this positions please send your resume, cover letter and copies of your academic certificate to email@example.com And kindly include title you are applying to and your name in the subject line.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Deadline for submission shall be on 28th April,2020. GHSC -TA-TZ is an equal opportunity employer.
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa