Database & Applications Support Administrator
Reports to: Application Support Manager
Roles, Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Maintain a knowledge base and provide support for all known application and database issues.
- Document all operational procedures and keep the departmental operating instructions updated at all times.
- Responsible for installation and configuration of Databases and applications systems in us in FINCA Tanzania.
- Responsible for report design, script writing and configuration in the core banking system
- Ensure timely implementation of fully tested solutions of all application issues
- Ensure availability of all systems and their related database management systems for smooth operation of the business
- Define and document User Acceptance Test (UAT) case scenarios/ plan for application fixes in liaison with business function and ensure all application changes are properly managed.
- Fully Support the business with the application parameters maintenance adhering to the parameterization change process, Calenderer maintenance EOD/ EOM/ EOY/SOD processing
- Implements database backup and recovery plans, and performs database recoveries and coordination with other areas of the IT department.
- Oversees the proper distribution and controlled replication of data across Disaster Recovery (DR) sites and databases.
- Prepares periodic reports on the status of all database systems to including performance data, economics data and database usage.
- Provide guidance to the business functions in identification of needs and definition of requirements.
- Ensures adequate security safeguards are in place to control access to all databases.
- Ensures the integrity of database files through the daily monitoring of database backups, logs, journals and transaction statistics.
- Identify, troubleshoot, diagnoses and resolve applications operational problems
- Ensure backups for all critical applications are done and periodic tests performed to ensure their usability when needed.
- Implement security standards(access controls, segregation of duties, usage and exception monitoring)
- Monitors and supports alternative delivery channels performance such as Agent network & mobile banking applications and ensure agreed upon up-time is achieved.
- Prepare weekly & monthly reports on all application performance and recommend areas of improvement to increase system up-time, speed and efficiency.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 2+ years of experience within a technical support environment, including Database administration, core banking applications and other software experience.
- Proven ability to resolve problems efficiently and effectively; Experience programming in a database query language will be an added advantage
- Previous experience as a systems administrator or Applications Support officer.
- ability to recognize competence level of the user and address each situation appropriately
- Experience working in a heavy pressure environment preferred
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Fluency required in English
- First degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Microsoft or related professional certification is ideal.
- Experience of not less than 2 years in an information systems position in a reputable financial services organization or related institution.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY