INVESTIGATION OFFICER II
The Fair Competition Commission is an independent Government Body established under the Fair Competition Act, 2003 (No. 8 of 2003) to promote and protect effective competition in trade and commerce and to protect consumer from unfair and misleading market conduct. The ultimate goal of the Act is to increase efficiency in the production, distribution and supply of goods and services.
The Fair Competition Commission (FCC) invites Public Servants to submit their applications to fill the post identified below: –
INVESTIGATION OFFICER II Ref. FCC/IO II/02/2020 – 1 POST
Reports to: Head of Investigation
Qualifications for the Post:
Holder of Bachelor’s Degree in the fields of Economics or Law from any recognized university.
Possession of computer knowledge is an added advantage.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying cases that appreciably or the likely effect is to prevent, restrict or distort competition in the market;
- Conducting assessment and first stage investigation of cases that appreciably or the likely effect is to prevent, restrict or distort competition in the market;
- Advising the Head of Investigation on cases for second staginvestigations;
- Providing regular reports on cases under investigation to the Head of Investigation;
- Advising on relevant investigation guidelines;
- Carrying out investigations on un-notified mergers;
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Salary Scale FCGSS 6
MODE OF APPLICATION
Application letter supported by curriculum vitae, academic certificates and testimonials should be submitted to the Fair Competition Commission through their current employers;
Each application letter should quote the reference number of the post applied for;
Candidates must be employed in the public service on permanent and pensionable terms.
Deadline is 04 June, 2020.
NB: Applicants should take note that, according to the Fair Competition Act, No. 8 of 2003, the final selection will be based on competitive process. The shortlisted candidates will therefore be subjected to a series of formal interviews before the final selection is made. The selected Public Servants will have to follow all necessary TRANSFER processes according to laws Governing Public Service.
Applications should be directed to:
FAIR COMPETITION COMMISSION,
GEPF HOUSE, 2ND FLOOR, PLOT NO.37,
REGENT ESTATE, BAGAMOYO ROAD,
P O. BOX 7883,
This Advert is also available at FCC website www.competition.or.tz