DAI seeks a Chief of Party for an anticipated horticulture project in Tanzania. The anticipated project is expected to sustainably enhance the commercialization, competitiveness, and inclusiveness of horticulture value chains applying market systems approaches. The Zone of Influence (ZOI) for the project will include the regions of Morogoro, Iringa, Mbeya, Njombe, and Zanzibar. It will also include market sheds outside of this ZOI, such as Dar es Salaam, Songwe, and Arusha.
The COP will be responsible for overall project management, including field team mobilization and leadership; development and implementation of work plans, operational budgets and performance monitoring plans; coordination with the USAID mission, government officials, other donors and partner organizations, and ensuring achievement of project results and objectives. The COP will supervise key project staff and ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations and DAI policies.
- A demonstrated track record of achieving results in a development context;
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience in international development, with USAID or international donor experience, strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated management and supervisory experience on complex, donor-funded projects;
- Demonstrated track record of working in ajira teams and fostering collaborative partnerships;
- Technical expertise in at least one of the following areas required: market systems and private sector engagement, agriculture and value chain development, resilience, livelihoods, youth and gender development, and access to finance;
- Demonstrated experience overseeing monitoring, evaluation, collaboration, and learning (CLA) and adaptive management;
- Demonstrated excellent oral, written, and verbal communication abilities in English; additional skills in Swahili also desired, but not required;
- Experience working within Tanzania or various East African countries highly desired.