CRDB is in the second year of its transformation journey, which focuses on becoming a leader in futuristic digital banking, improving customer experience and reducing cost-to-income ratio. The Bank is therefore looking for an experienced and effective leader, with strong business acumen and exemplary ethics to join the executive management team as Chief Operating Officer
(COO). Reporting to the CEO, the COO will be responsible for managing all operational activities, ensuring delivery of timely, reliable, quality and secured services to customers, while ensuring maximum efficiency and compliance to the banks policies and procedures.
The specific responsibilities of the COO at CRDB includes:
- Developing actionable business and operational plans that are in line with the Bank’s medium and long term business strategic objectives;
- Setting and cascading comprehensive goals for business performance and sustainable growth;
- Examining current business processes, identifying areas for improvement and making necessary changes to increase efficiency, promote compliance and reduce operating costs;
- Directly overseeing banking operations (back office), analysing and reporting on the achievement of the overall objectives;
- Overseeing and managing overall operations of the Bank’s three subsidiaries to ensure effective optimisation, coordination and efficiency;
- Managing ICT investments and expenses to ensure that the bank realises its digital transformation, data security, customer experience and operational efficiency goals;
- Developing and implementing business continuity strategy, policies and procedures;
- Responsible for strategic workspace planning and ensuring availability of facilities in line with service level agreements;
- Ensuring that business change projects are delivered within time and budget;
- Developing and overseeing adherence to policies, procedures to ensure compliance with national and international regulations and taking corrective action when necessary;
- Monitoring and evaluating effectiveness and efficiencies of Bank’s operations and internal support services;
- Building a culture that is: inclusive and fosters teamwork; high integrity; and strong ethics in order to facilitate excellent customer service; and
- Building and maintaining relationships with key customers, collaborators, promoters, partners, vendors, shareholders and stakeholders.
- Ten years proven experience in managing enterprise wide operations or relevant role in a medium to large entity;
- Understanding of business functions such as banking operations, ICT, business continuity, facilities management etc.;
- Demonstrable competency in strategy execution;
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics;
- Outstanding leadership capabilities i.e. leading change, building strong teams and coaching for performance improvement;
- Excellent interpersonal, decision making and problem solving skills; and
- Graduate in business, technology, engineering, economics, project management or related field.