JIUNGE MAGROUP YETU YA WHATSAPP. BONYEZA HAPACARE Tanzania seeks to recruit a qualified Tanzanian for the position of FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR based in Dar es Salaam
CARE Tanzania is recruiting for the role of Fundraising Coordinator, which will lead fundraising efforts, ensuring the delivery of an agreed target organizational budget in line with the organizational strategy. As the team progresses towards achieving the in-country Wezesha Strategy, East, Central and Southern Africa (ECSA) Regional Impact Growth Strategy and CARE Global 2020 strategy, a measured, innovative, effective and timely approach is needed to business development. This will ensure our programmes are strategically aligned, we increase our impact by building on existing work, new opportunities are identified, developed and appropriately resourced, strategic partnerships are leveraged, and that CARE retains its position as a thought leader, innovator and multiplier of impact within Tanzania.
The primary function of the Fundraising Coordinator is to strategically raise funds (mobilize resources and develop proposals), initiate and manage donor relations, ensure high quality of program design, build capacity on fundraising and promote gender equality. The Eundraising Coordinator will be a member of the senior management team and contribute to the overall leadership of CARE in Tanzania, as well as participate as a proactive member of the regional resource mobilization committee.
Major responsibilities of the Fundraising Coordinator are:
- Manage and lead fundraising efforts and donor (both in country and across the CARE network) at country level including planning, managing and ensuring the delivery of an agreed target organizational budget.
- Develop and roll out donor engagement strategies and support the Country Director and Assistant Country Director- Program in managing donor and potential donor relations Lead on fundraising strategy and implementation for CARE-TZ
- Build capacity of the CARE- TEteam on fundraising, engage with donors, and support proposal development with partners.
Reporting to the Country Director, she/he will also work closely with the Evidence, Influence and Communication Coordinator to facilitate the documentation of promising practices and lessons learned in programme development, grant management and funds acquisition.
Degree in social sciences, international development or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Masters in social sciences, international development or equivalent
- Minimum of 0 years of work experience as a fundraiser or business development specialist.
- Minimum of 10 years OF work experience in either a humanitarian or development context
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and delivering high proposal win rates from sources such as USAID, DEID, EU, Danida, Norad, Private Foundations and other institutional donors
- Demonstrated skills in: leadership, strategy, analytics, organization, planning, project management, facilitation, collaboration, decision-making, problem solving and team building.
- Extensive experience in proposal writing and budget development
- Established networks and relationships key stakeholders in Tanzania: donors, NGOs, consultancy and government. Knowledge of the development industry, international NGOs and funding trends.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent analysis and written skills for developing concept notes and design documents (eg: logical frameworks and indicators)
- Excellent computer skills including use ofEWord, Excel, and Power Point Capacity to work in multi-cultural and high-stress environments
- A strategic thinker, identifying opportunities to scale existing programmes, develop innovation and build mutually beneficial partnerships
- Confident at developing solutions to identified challenges and making decisions
- A strong relationship builder and natural connector – you will be part of everyone’s team, bridging individual units within the country office (field teams, awards and contracts, sub-agreements, monitoring, evaluation and learning, operations, HR and finance). Additionally, you will work closely with supporting roles in the regional management unit (awards, risk and fundraising), and be responsible for stakeholder relationships in country (development partners, donors, government ministries, CSE/EGE partners and alliances, and the private sector).
- Highly organized and experienced in project management, able to coordinate multiple projects and deadlines at any one time
- Systems and processes focused to ensure compliant award management
- Adept at using storytelling as a means to engage stakeholders in CARES mission, vision and values Excellent English written and oral communication skills Understanding of financial management and resource allocation
Planning and Organizing; Initiating Action; Excellence; Integrity; Transformation; Equity; Diversity; Communicating with Impact- Strengthening Partnership; Stress Management; Adaptability; Contribute to Team Success; Facilitating Change; Coaching; Building Commitment; Developing Teams; Operational Decision Making: Negotiation; Managing Excellence; Adaptability and Stress Tolerance.
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women to apply
MODE OF APPLICATION
Only a letter of application and CV without supporting documents such as certificates should be sent by email to The Human Resources Department to Human Resources Department TZAHumanResourcesDepartment@care.org by CoB, 5th June 2020 at 1700hrs. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.