Specialist, Core Banking Infrastructure
Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production
To effectively manage and support the banks’ database systems, Core Banking Infrastructure systems and Datacentre support through the provision of timely, effective and professional ICT services as well as backups and restore of banks’ core
- Perform preventative and re-active (1st and 2nd level) database maintenance and database administration.
- Monitor monthly performance of databases and develop action plans to remedy any degradation of service by employing appropriate house-keeping strategies for databases clean ups and other database management activities
- Support installations and implementations of databases in the bank by ensuring thorough testing on the test environment before loading on the production and disaster recovery systems
- Ensure that Disaster Recovery Plans are tested and DRP document updated.
- Sustaining the security and integrity of data in the Bank’s Databases
- Provide required business reports as per the needs
- Monitor daily/monthly performance of systems (Databases, Core banking systems hardware and storage) and develop action plans to remedy any degradation of service by conducting systems clean ups where necessary
- Ensures high availability of Database and Core banking servers
- Monitor overall capacity utilization of Core banking environment (database and core banking systems) ensuring it is optimized to meet business requirements and escalate to Line Manager where necessary.
- Identify shortcomings on the core banking systems and escalate to Line manager for further escalation.
- Review Database and Core servers security controls periodically to ensure data and system access controls are not compromised
- Create and maintain documented (e.g. Disaster recovery) procedures for the Database and core banking systems.
- Eliminate key man dependencies within the team and ensure cross skilling
- Participate in the technical processes during the Business continuity activities
- Participate in project implementations as assigned by Line Manager and ensure completion within set timelines
- Ensure backup for all database and core banking systems and that the restore process is in place.
- Ensure database replication between production and DR data centres
- Datacentre management
- Daily monitoring of Datacentre Facilities(Power,UPS and Aircon) and escalate any faults accordingly.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree either in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree from a recognized institution
- Professional qualifications in Oracle and any other IT certification i.e ITIL, Linux etc
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Oracle Database administration
- Programming language skills such as Java, Python and PHP.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Database Appliance(ODA)
- Working knowledge of MS Windows, Linux and Unix Server platforms
CLICK HERE TO APPLY