Nafasi 2 za kazi Geita Gold Mining Ltd- Assistant Batch Plant Operator
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria.
The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Assistant Batch Plant Operators
Contract Type & Duration Permanent
Job Number: GGM-2020-XUG-09
Number of Positions: 02
Works For: CAF Batch Plant Operator
- A minimum of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE)
- Basic Numeracy and Verbal / Written English
- Possession of Valid Tanzanian Driving Licence
- Ability to drive a manual transmission light vehicle in mining environment
- Previous Batch Plant experience.
- A minimum of 1 year’s exposure to mining or plant operations.
Purpose of the Role:
To assist with the day-to-day operations of the batch plant and the availability of materials.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
- Assist with the spot check concrete & make adjustments to recipes where necessary.
- Store materials received such as cement, aggregates & admixtures.
- Ensure the batching plant area is kept in a clean and tidy condition at all times.
- Assist with the basic maintaining of batching plant (grease bearings, replace conveyor belts etc.).
- Assist with testing duties of aggregates & concrete i.e. Moisture Contents, cube testing etc.
- Ensure GGM safety standards, policies & procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Assist with the pre-use inspection of the plant prior to safe operation.
- OEM plant operation training and certification
- Working at heights training
- Confined space training
- Hazardous chemical awareness training
- Conveyor belt hazard training
Mode of Application:
Application cover letter (Subject should be CAF Batch Plant Operator and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e-mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address. You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews. Contact Address:
Senior Human Resources Manager,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
P.O. Box 532,
NB: Applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Application Deadline: Application letters should reach the above on or before 01 st September 2020 – 17hr30. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa