JOB OPPOETUNITY AT GAS ENTEC CO LTD
PROJECT TITLE: CONSTRUCTION OF 1200 PASSENGER FERRY SHIP
DESIGNATION: LEGAL OFFICER (1 POST)
PLACE OF WORK: MWANZA
Responsible for monitoring all legal affairs within the organization. Handling both
internal and external legal concerns, tasked with doing everything in his power to
keep the organization out of legal trouble.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiate and pursue legal proceedings as required by the Company i.e., prepare writs, defenses, submissions and other pleadings in civil cases both “for and against” the Company.
- Advise on statutory compliances.
- Research and prepare legal opinions on various legal matters including claims for compensation against the Company.
- Draft and/or review legal letters, contracts and agreements and monitor legal obligations under agreements to ensure compliance, as requested.
- Cause to be maintained, a database of the status of all legal and court matters involving the Company.
- Assist in the formulation, implementation and/or amendment of Company policies
- Draft, amend, review and/or recommend modifications of different contract or related laws and regulations governing the Company.
- Provide sound legal advice to the Company and make recommendations to Management as necessary.
- Attend special committee meetings and offer advice as required.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Holders of Bachelor Degree in Law or equivalent qualifications from recognized Institutions
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in handling legal matters.
- Experience in the usage of computer and office software packages (Ms word, Exel, etc.)
- Fluent in English and Swahili is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Technical understanding of the Company’s business and operations and attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal communication at all levels (verbal and written).
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to cope with high levels of responsibility and with confidential matters.
- Ability to work well within the team.
- A high level of professionalism which is required on the job at all times.
- Computer Literacy
JOB APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Interested candidates should apply in confidence enclosing:
- Detailed CVS
- Certified copies of academics and professionals certificates and transcript
- Only successful candidates will be contacted for further procedures,.
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the following Mail address
Human Resource & Administration
GAS ENTEC Company Limited,
DEADLINE 30th June, 2020