Job Opportunity at Danish Refugee Council – Program Support Officer April 2022
Job title: Program Support Officer
Employment category: H
Reporting to: Support service Manager
Direct reports: N/A
Unit/department: Support services
Location: Dar es Salaam
Overall purpose of the role:
Job Opportunity at Danish Refugee Council – Program Support Officer April 2022 The Program Support Officer (PSO) will report directly to the Head of Support Services for DRC Tanzania-Burundi. She/he will be responsible for providing program, logistical, HR and administrative support to the Country Director and Senior Management Team (SMT) in Tanzania and Burundi. The PSO will also provide support in organizing quarterly meetings and annual reviews, recording action points as well as representing DRC at meetings, when necessary.
- Co-ordinate support activities between Tanzania and Burundi offices on visits, trainings, workshops or events in Dar es Salaam, or any other official DRC business
- Support Tanzania and Burundi senior management team in coordinating activities and other day to day support at Dar es Salaam level and maintain records and track the status of the senior management action items
- Maintain and develop an effective filing system to keep records of key correspondences, organization/project reports, financial information, field level agreements and other relevant documents
- To prepare and participate, where required, in meetings and workshops organized at the Country level, including agendas and minute taking
- To coordinate feedback and follow up on actions on behalf of senior management, with those assigned responsibility to ensure that the tasks agreed are achieved according to the agreed deadline
- Support the Country Director in the implementation of the DRC Dynamics
General administrative responsibilities
- Manage Tanzania assets and equipment items in Dar es Salaam office and issue/receive to/from staff, as and when needed
- Facilitate the induction and onboarding of new staff joining and provide necessary guidance & support including ensuring proper correspondence with newly arriving visitors to Tanzania; share pre-arrival briefing, information about visa, security and other regulations.
- Receive invoices and assist in the preparation of payments for suppliers, service providers, consultants and expense claim forms
- Support the CD in consolidating and collating required country operation information or documentation. Assist in organization of materials and information for development of projects and other important issues including collecting and compiling weekly update reports from senior staff
- Liaise with and maintain smooth working relations with staff at CO support services and other departments
- Manage day to day administrative and support issues and serve as the focal point for all support issues
- Receive and handle mail and deliveries at the office
General finance responsibilities
- Monthly petty cash handling
- Prepare petty cash replenishment documents for approval
- Support in the small procurement of office Consumables and DSM office in general
- Filling all paid/Finance documents in the safe custody
Government liaison responsibilities:
- Build and maintain strong relations with various colleagues in relevant ministries, especially with the Ministry of Home Affairs, Refugee Services Department
- Request for camp permits for DRC staff and visitors
- Liaise with relevant authorities to obtain residency and work permits for expatriate staff
- Submit Annual report to the INGO Registrar in Dodoma
- Support senior staff with correspondence with governmental institutions
Experience and technical competencies:
- Experience in office management in a similar capacity in an INGO/UN agency or in another private/public sector
- Ability to work independently and with excellent organizational, planning and time management skills.
- High level of integrity and able to maintain strictest level of confidentiality.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Good command of computer programs and applications
- Ability and willingness to travel to field sites as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the business-related disciplines
- Postgraduate degree is desired.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential
- DRC Country Director
- DRC Senior Management Team members
- DRC staff members in CO
- Partners and donors
- Other government offices
Core competencies Basic Advanced Expert
Striving for excellence ☐ ☐ ☒
Collaborating ☐ ☒ ☐
Taking the lead ☐ ☒ ☐
Communicating ☐ ☒ ☐
Demonstrating integrity ☐ ☐ ☒
- Basic: I master the essentials, but may at times need help from others
- Advanced: I can work independently at full professional level.
- Expert: I am the go-to person when others need help.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
Application due: 22 April 2022.Ajira Mpya Kila Siku Kwenye Simu Yako.
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa