JIUNGE NASI WHATSAPP TU FOLLOW. BONYEZA HAPA
Job Vacancies at SADC (Southern African Development Community) 2022
Job Vacancies at SADC (Southern African Development Community) 2022 The Southern African Development Community (SADC) is a regional economic community founded and maintained by countries in Southern Africa. It aims to further the socio-economic, political, and security cooperation among its Member States and foster regional integration in order to achieve peace, stability, and wealth. SADC currently has sixteen (16) Member States with a population of approximately 340 million and a combined GDP of US$720 billion.
The Secretariat is currently recruiting for various positions to enhance its capacity to deliver on the above mandate. The Secretariat is therefore inviting suitably qualified and experienced citizens of SADC to apply for the following positions tenable at its Headquarters in Gaborone, Botswana or as stated in the job advert:
Various Jobs at Southern African Development Community (SADC) 2022
|1. Director Industrial Development and Trade||2|
|2. Head of Gender||3|
|3. Head of ICT||3|
|4. Head Procurement Ex-Ante||3|
|5. Senior Programme Officer – Transport||4|
|6. Senior Programme Officer – Tourism WITHDRAWN||4|
|7. Senior Programme Officer – Meteorology||4|
|8. Senior Programme Officer – Standards and Quality/SQAM||4|
|9. Senior Officer Records||4|
|10. Programme Officer – HIV/AIDS||6|
|11. Procurement Officer||6|
|12. Planning and Budget Support Officer||6|
|13. Programme Officer – Food Security||6|
|14. Programme Officer – Investment||6|
|15. Systems Superuser||6|
|16. Officer – Resource Mobilization x2||6|
|17. Officer – Policy and Doctrine||6|
|18. Programme Officer – Tourism Policy and Market Development||6|
|19. Programme Officer – Boundless Southern Africa||6|
The SADC Secretariat offers a competitive package for all the positions as outlined below.
|Job Grade||Average Package per Annum:|
|Job Grade 2||US$ 98,336|
|Job Grade 3||US$ 83,960|
|Job Grade 4||US$ 83,544|
|Job Grade 6||US$ 74,101|
Tenure of appointment
The term of appointment of the Director, Industrial Development and Trade shall be for a fixed period of four (4) years, renewable once for another period of four (4) years. While appointments for positions (2–19) will be on a fixed-term contract for four (4) years, renewable twice for an equal period, subject to:
- satisfactory completion of 6 months’ probation;
- satisfactory performance;
- retirement age limit of 60 years; and
- the continued need for the position.
The positions are open to qualified applicants who:
- Are 52 years old or younger. This requirement is based on the Organization’s need to recruit staff who can serve for a reasonable period of time before reaching the mandatory retirement age of 60 years.
- Are from the following eligible Member States (Positions 2-19): Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eswatini, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Due to the SADC recruitment policy, nationals of Angola, Mauritius, and South Africa are eligible to apply for the Director Industrial Development and Trade position because of the rules on representation at the management level and the availability of quota points.
Closing Date and Submission of Applications: Applications must be submitted to the SADC National Contact Point https://www.sadc.int/member-states of the eligible Member States not later than or on 28th October 2022.
Applications should be accompanied by the following:
- a cover letter stating the position that you want to be considered for and describing how your qualifications, experience, and competencies are relevant to the position;
- not more than five (5) pages of updated curriculum vitae;
- certified copies of your degree(s), Diploma(s) and Certificate(s); and
- duly signed and completed SADC Application Form.
Should you be shortlisted, you will be required to produce evidence of educational and professional qualifications supporting your application, on the day of your interview.
SADC is an equal-opportunity employer and particularly encourages applications from female candidates.
If you are results orientated, you have a passion for the transformation and development of Southern Africa and possess the required competencies, please submit your application.
Only applicants who meet the requirements of the SADC Secretariat and being considered for an interview, will be contacted. Should you not hear from the SADC Secretariat within two months after the closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.