The Open University of Tanzania (OUT) is a public university, established by the Act of Parliament No 17 of 1992. Since 1st January, 2007, the University has been operating under the OUT Charter Inc. of 2007, which is in line with the Universities Act No. 7 of 2005. Its stated mission is “to provide relevant, quality, flexible, accessible, and affordable open online education, research and services to the community for social economic development of Tanzania and the rest of the world. The Open University of Tanzania operates through its temporary headquarters in Kinondoni, Dar es Salaam and its 30 regional centers in each region of Tanzania Mainland including Coordination Centers in Tanzania Islands – Unguja and Pemba in Zanzibar.
The University hereby invites applications from competent and suitably qualified persons, to enhance its human resource capacity needed to fulfill its mission, as follows:
Vacancy No. Position Faculty Level of Education Specialization Regional
No. of Posts
OUT2019/03 Assistant Lecturer FSTES Master Environmental Science Pemba 1
FSTES – Faculty of Science Technology and Environmental Studies
The qualifications and duties for the position above are described below:
ASSISTANT LECTURER (PUTS 2.1)
Possession of a Master’s Degree in a relevant field with at least a GPA of 4.0 and a minimum GPA of 3.8 or equivalent in the first degree with a minimum of B+ in the Relevant Subject or its equivalent.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write new study materials, scripts for radio broadcast, video and audio cassettes, various reports and papers,
- Adopt and/or supplement existing materials,
- Liaise with course writers, editors, reviewers, producers, artists, coordinators and other members of the course team,
- Revise course materials and audio programmes,
- Give public lectures, tutor and lead academic discussions,
- Set and mark course assignments and/or tests, examinations supervision of field work, practical and all other related academic activities,
- Encourage and motivate students to improve academically,
- Help identify and set up local study groups,
- Conduct research work and disseminate research findings
Age limit: Not above 35 years.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant certificates, together with one colored passport size photograph of the applicant, names and full contact details of two referees.
All applicants who are currently employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
Interested applicants should submit applications to the undersigned:
The Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academics)
The Open University of Tanzania
Kawawa Road, Kinondoni
P.O. Box 23409, Dar es Salaam,Tanzania
Tel. +255 22 2668820
Fax: +255 22 2668759
The deadline for receiving applications is 14 March, 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Advertised on Friday, 28 February, 2020Pokea Taarifa za Ajira Mpya Kila Siku Kwenye Simu Yako.
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa