JIUNGE NA MAGROUP YETU YA WHATSAPP. BOFYA HAPA
Job Vacancies At mothers2mothers (m2m) Tanzania October 2022
Job Vacancies At mothers2mothers (m2m) Tanzania October 2022 This post contain Nafasi za kazi zilizotangazwa leo mothers2mothers (m2m) Tanzania in Morogoro Region Kindly Read job Requirements Before Submitting Your Applications.
mothers2mothers (m2m) is an African Primary Health Care organisation that employs women living with HIV as community health workers across 10 African nations. These “Mentor Mothers” deliver integrated health services at clinics and in communities to ensure everyone, everywhere has access to the services they need to be healthy and stay in care. Over the next five years, this proven, peer-led model is being scaled up to double down on ending HIV, as well as to tackle new health challenges and reach more people—all with the aim of building a fairer, healthier future. The employment of local women as community health workers means that we are delivering a model that prioritises healthcare for families who need it most, delivered by women who know them best.
Since its creation in 2001, m2m has created jobs for nearly 12,000 women living with HIV in sub-Saharan Africa and, together, they have reached over 15M people with critical health services and education. In 2021, m2m reached over 1.6M people across 10 African nations, including 402,616 adolescents (ages 10-19)—51% more than the year before. m2m also advanced the Global Goals of ending HIV/AIDS by 2030—by achieving virtual elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV among its enrolled clients for the eighth consecutive year, and meeting all of the ambitious UNAIDS Fast-Track Targets among its clients four years ahead of the 2026 target date. For more information, visit www.m2m.org.
Job Title PMTCT Officer
The PMTCT Officer will oversee the implementation of quality m2m Mother Champions services to women and children at m2m facilities and surrounding communities in 4 councils of Morogoro Region; supervise all Site Coordinators and Mother Champions; and monitor and ensure quality improvement of m2m services. This position will be responsible for working closely with the PMTCT Technical Specialist, PMTCT Officers of the collaborating partner, District Medical Officers, District RCH Coordinators, facility staff, and community stakeholders.
Key Performance Areas
Mother Champion Site Implementation
· Manage Mother Champion program implementation at health facility and community level, ensuring quality service delivery to clients.
· Manage the use of client management tools at facility and community
· Manage integration of Mother Champion services into the health facilities and community activities. Build and maintain strong relationships with health facility staff and other implementing partners working in the facility and the community, to maximize retention in care and adherence to treatment.
· Develop and implement sites management workplan
· Manage performance of the Site Coordinators including work schedules and leave for all Mother Champions. Liaise with PMTCT Technical Specialist to address site-level human resource issues.
· Mentor Site and Coordinators including provision of supportive supervision at site level
Performance Monitoring and Improvement
· Conduct site-level supervision and monitoring activities and monthly quality improvement and performance
· Monitoring monthly meetings at site level
· Monitor monthly facility and community-level data, compile and assess areas for quality/service improvement.
· Work with the SI Officer to consolidate data and report to the PMTCT Technical Specialist.
Develop and implement geo-location improvement plans, roll-out interventions to promote continued service integration, quality and effectiveness (where needed)
· Liaise with PMTCT Technical Specialist and M&E Officer to assess site performance and implement joint interventions as required
· Conduct on-site capacity building of site staff and contribute to/co-facilitate in-service trainings.
Regional and District Engagement
· Represent project in regional and district coordinating forums including managing strategic relationships with District Medical Offices including RMNCH/PMTCT counterparts at the Region, District levels, and other implementing partners/stakeholders
· Produce project/geo-location reports
· Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Nursing, Social Science, Public Health, Clinical Medicine, or related field
· Minimum of three years’ field experience in public health work with a focus on RMNCH, PMTCT, or HIV/AIDS programming, with at least two years’ in a supervisory role
· Strong project management experience
· Demonstrated knowledge of/exposure to PMTCT/RMNCH policy and working knowledge of relevant MOH protocols
· Applied knowledge of MOH M&E systems and tools
· Experience in on-site technical supervision using programmatic tools
· Experience working on USAID/PEPFAR programs preferred
· Strong mentoring skills
· Ability to use data to guide project activities
· Excellent writing, editing, and grammar skills in English and ability to communicate effectively and succinctly to internal and external audiences
· The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a demanding, fast-paced, and rapidly changing environment
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work independently and solve problems
· Strong interpersonal and team building skills
· Fluent in English and Kiswahili
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people. Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://mothers2mothers.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/883 by 28th October, 2022.