JIUNGE MAGROUP YETU YA WHATSAPP. BONYEZA HAPA
Job vacancies at Ifakara Health Institute November 2022
Administrative Officer at Ifakara Health Institute November, 2022
Position: Administrative Officer (1 post)
Reports To: Senior Branch Administrator
Work Station: Dar es salaam
Apply By: November 23rd 2022
Job vacancies at Ifakara Health Institute November 2022 Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Ifakara seeks a qualified and experienced Administrative Officer at the Dar es Salaam Office. The Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative activities. The Officer will be a key player to ensure smooth operations of admin activities at the Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain proper arrangement of office space to all staff.
- Ensure availability of office furniture, equipment and all basic facilities to staff.
- Initiate disposal process of equipment and assets.
- Keep updated records of assets, furniture and equipment.
- Conduct day-to-day supervision of cleaners to ensure cleanness in Dar offices.
- Monthly evaluate security and cleaning services provided at Dar Office.
- Support the handling of invoices submitted on monthly basis by vendors.
- Quarterly record inventories and assets procured at the Dar Office and share with the Senior Branch Administrator.
- Verify assets and update assets & inventories’ records.
- In the absence of the Transport Officer, the Officer will take the roles, assign duties to drivers and coordinate transport requests.
- Prepare office space lease agreement and facilitate signing process agreement between IHI and project
- Billing of office space as per signed contract / agreement and submit on time to the IHI revenue accountant.
- In the absence of the Front Desk Officer, the Officer will take the roles.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by supervisors.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Public or Business Administration / Human Resources or any related field • Minimum 3-year work experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Be fluent in both English and Swahili Languages.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with staff at all levels, partners and stakeholders.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Budget development and oversight experience.
- Professional attitude with highest level of integrity.
- Resulted oriented.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00 hours on Wednesday November 23, 2022. All e-mail application subject lines should include: ADMIN OFFICER – DAR. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania