BUWASA is an autonomous entity which is responsible for supplying clean and safe water as well as provision of sanitation service for Bukoba Municipality.
The Authority is looking for competent, dynamic, energetic, committed, experienced and well qualified Tanzanian who is capable of embracing and driving change in BUWASA to fill the vacant post below….
POSITION: HEAD OF PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT UNIT
Appointed by: Board of Directors
Reports to: Managing Director
Supervises: Staff under the Department
Holder of Degree or equivalent qualification in Procurement and Supplies Chain Management Science/ Commerce (B.Com) in Materials Management/Business Administration in Procurement and Logistics Management/ Public Procurement and Supplies, A certified Supplies Professional (CSP/CPSC) or equivalent qualifications from recognized institution and registered with PSPTB as Authorized Procurement and Supplies Officer with working experience of at least nine to twelve (9-12) years in related field, of which two (2) years must be held in managerial positions. Masters/PGD in the related field is an added advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To advise the Managing Director on all matters related to procurement and supplies.
- To be a secretary to the Tender Board.
- To plan the procurement and disposal by tender activities of the procuring entity.
- To recommend procurement and disposal by tender procedure.
- To facilitate Authority’s Tender Board and supervise implementation of decisions of the Tender Board.
- To perform any other procurement and supplies duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
- Applicant must be Tanzanian
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies should be verified by the relevant Authority (NECTA, NACTE and TCU)
- Applicant should sign every page of attached document
- Statements of results, result slip and testimonials shall not be accepted.
- Candidate should attach photocopy of birth certificate and National Identity Card or indicate the number of in his/her CV.
- Applicant employed in Public Sector should route their applications through their respective employers.
- Age between 35 and 45 years old.
- Application without relevant documents will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on the date of interview.
The post carries competitive remuneration package according to the Authority’s pay salary scheme of service and other entitlement commensurate with the respective position.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and suitable candidates should submit their handwritten application letters attached with certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, updated personal curriculum vitae (CV) indicating three names of reputable referees from work or professional.
Signed application letter should be written in English and addressed to the following address not later than 18th June, 2020.
The Managing Director,
Bukoba Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (BUWASA),