JIUNGE MAGROUP YETU YA WHATSAPP. BONYEZA HAPA
Job Vacancies At BRAC Tanzania-Human Resource Manager June 2023
Career with BRAC International
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realize their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict- prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact, and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002 and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender, and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is part of a leading development organization that started its operations in
2006 in Tanzania, focusing on thematic areas of Agriculture, Youth and Women Empowerment, Food Security and Livelihood
About the Programme
In 2022, the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) will be announcing an initiative that will create a positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
There is mounting urgency to support adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) living in poverty, which has been further amplified by the global pandemic. Through this partnership, scalable economic development approaches will be delivered in communities to foster the agency and voice of AGYW. They will have the opportunity to fulfill their aspirations, achieve sustainable livelihoods, and engage in advocacy issues.
BRAC International will implement an integrated and holistic model to address the various life cycles of a young woman living in poverty, ensuring she is able to transition safely from adolescence to adulthood. She will be equipped with the appropriate skills, tools, and access to finance to effectively exercise her agency and build a fulfilling and productive livelihood.
BRAC International is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position in BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
1. Human Resource Manager (AD# MCFBMT-2310)
This is a strategic role in the Human Resource Department. The incumbent will be responsible for the people resourcing, rewards and benefits administration of BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania.
- HR Strategy: designing and implementation of the Human Resource strategies to align with the culture and progress of BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania by forecasting and planning for different HR related aspects.
- Staff forecasting, human capital resourcing and retention: proactively ensure presence of optimal staffing levels with the institution, through and assessing and recommending the required manpower levels.
- Prepares the annual staff forecasting plan, manages the recruitment and selection process of members of staff by support department heads in preparation of staff requisitions in line with annual staff forecasting plans.
- Identifies cost effective recruitment methods and follows through for implementations. Coordinates and administers psychometric tests, pre-employment and performs extensive background searches in conformity with the organizations policies and guidelines.
- Reviews recommendations on the selection of candidates by related officers.
- Participates in task forces and working groups identifying issues/ problems, formulating policies and guidelines, and establishing new procedures on recruitment and staff selection.
- Reward and Benefits Administration/ Employee Compensations: advises the head of units/ departments and human resources officers on the development, modification, and implementations of BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania policies and practices on entitlements. Provides advice and guidance to staff on human resource related matters. Provides advice on interpretation, application, exceptions to policies and staff regulations and rules.
- Represents the office in joint bodies and working groups relating to salaries and conditions of service, engages external parties in benchmarking and conducting salary
surveys in line with the organizations policies and practices.
- Prepares guidelines, monitors, and evaluates the effectiveness of benefits in strict compliance with the human resource policy.
- Planning and Budgeting: Contributes to the department’s planning process through providing analysis and advice on the staffing requirements and the emerging capacity gaps in accordance with the institutions mandate.
- Contributes to the budget development process by providing analysis and advice
on the human resource requirements and organizational structure of all sections based on the finance and accounts guidelines on budget review.
- Reviews and reflects recommendations of the staffing reviews into the staffing requirements for the purpose of budget preparations;
- Constantly reviews and monitors staffing related costs and expenditures in line with the budgetary allotments, ensuring that funds for staffing costs are available, and where necessary alerts the Human Resources officer to follow up with Finance and Accounts Units at both the field and Head office levels to ensure availability of funds where applicable;
- Advises recruitment or field HR officers on staff transfers where there are gaps that need to be filled and facilitates fast and easy movement of staff as required, ensuring the integrity of the staffing forecast table as approved in the budget without discrepancy in sections and locations.
- Reviews and clears the documentation in line with the Table of Authority.
- Prepares and updates descriptions, performs job evaluations, participates and advice line managers and guides HR officers on job redesigning and alignment, reviews the staff transfers processes and procedures and advises based on business requirement and industry best practices. Provide guidelines to line managers on transfer policies and procedures. Prepares or updates the organizations chart as and when required.
- Administration: Reviews and approves new staff Identity cards, medical insurance cards and other related documents.
- Prepares and reviews the processes regarding staff contracts issuing, follows up with HR officers and line managers and ensures staff contracts are updated and issued in a timely manner and in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation.
- Act as a key source of support, guidance, and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do the same.
- Holder of a bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business or public administration, Laws, or any related field. Master’s is an added advantage.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of human resource policies, practices and procedures and ability to apply them in an organizational setting.
- Conversant with labor laws.
- Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter.
- Flexible and results oriented.
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
- Remains calm in stressful situations.
- Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspective and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Planning And Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies;
- Identifies priority activities and assignment; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning;
monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
- Time Management
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, administrative services, management and analysis or related area is required.
- Practical experience with the planning and delivery of human resources services in complex, volatile and conflict and post-conflict environments is required.
- Experience managing staffing, administration, and talent management is required.
- Experience implementing HR operations in a non-Governmental environment.
- Experience implementing change management initiatives is desirable.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: CONTRACTUAL
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidate needs to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at: email@example.com
Please mention the name of the position and AD# ………………. in the subject bar. Only complete applications will be accepted and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline:23rd June 2023
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer