JIUNGE NASI WHATSAPP TU FOLLOW. BONYEZA HAPA
Job Opportunity at TAZARA-Head Information Technology March 2021
Head Information Technology (HIT)
Job Opportunity at TAZARA-Head Information Technology March 2021 The Tanzania-Zambia Railway Authority (TAZARA) is a Statutory Institution owned by the two Governments of the United Republic of Tanzania and the Republic of Zambia on a 50/50 share holding basis. With the registered Head Office being in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, TAZARAhastwo Regional Administrative Centres —one in Mpika, Zambia and the other in Dar es Salaam. Some senior management positions (listed below) have fallen vacant at the Head Office and at the Regional Office in Tanzania. Suitably qualified nationals of Tanzania and Zambia are encouraged to apply for the under listed management positions.
Head Information Technology (HIT)
Reporting to Managing Director
Salary Scale: TSG 13
Location : Head Office, Dar es Salaam
Number of Positions : One(1)
The HIT develops, implements and reviews the Information Communication Technology (ICT) policies and procedures, to monitor their effectiveness in the organisation through the provision of reliable IT infrastructure and application systems that are responsive to the needs and demands of the Authority.
- Develops and implements the ICT strategic and operational plans aligned with the organisation’s strategic direction;
- Develops, implements and oversees the organization’s ICT security structure, Risk Assessment, strategy, Disaster Recovery Plan, and business continuity plans in order to secure information and records;
- Ensures that all necessary ICT tools, processes and systems are in place to meet the requirements of the business and contribute to the achievement of the organisation’s short, medium and long term goals;
- Manages all ICT related projects within the organisation, ensuring that they are delivered to required standards and on time in order to provide high quality ICT systems and services;
- Develops and manages the planning and budgeting for the ICT services to ensure that appropriate resources are made available for the provision of best ICT services that are in line with organizational growth;
- Supervises the ICT staff and conducts annual staff appraisals, ensuring that any training and development needs within the department are identified and implemented; and
- Participates in core strategic plans of the organisation.
Core Skills and Competencies:
- Sound understanding of computer systems, networks, security, telecommunications, databases and storage systems;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills;
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and projects;
- Solid working knowledge of all relevant coding languages and security protocols;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; and
- Must be a team player.
Qualifications and experience:
- Form IVA/I Certificate of Tanzania or Grade 12 Certificate of Zambia;
- Degree in Computer Sciences/lnformation Management System or its equivalent;
- A post graduate qualification will be an added advantage;
- Eight years of relevant experience, five of which should be at Senior Management level;
- Not less than 35 years of age;
- Registered member of the Information Communication Technology Commission (ICTC) in Tanzania or Computer Society of Zambia (CSZ) in Zambia.
Conditions of Service:
TAZARA conditions of service will apply. All the above appointments are on permanent and pensionable basis
Mode of Application:
Only candidates who meet the specified requirements need apply to the address indicated below, enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of educational certificates, names and addresses of three traceable referees.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be communicated to.
Faxed or electronic applications will NOT be accepted.
The Human Resources Manager
Tanzania-Zambia Railway Authority (TAZARA)
Head Office, Julius Nyerere Road
P.O. Box 2834
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
The deadline for submitting the application is 19 March 2021