Job Opportunity at Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS)- Store Keeper/Cashier
Position title: STOREKEEPER/ Cashier
Location: Seronera, Serengeti National Park
Reports to: Project Accountant, Serengeti Conservation Project
FZS Vision in Tanzania:
Job Opportunity at Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS)- Store Keeper/Cashier FZS is committed to maintaining biodiversity and conserving wildlife and ecosystems in protected areas and outstanding wild places of the Serengeti, the Selous and the Mahale ecosystems in partnership with the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through the Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism.
Undertake full management of the food ration store, as well as the spare parts store. Ensure that all items are entered into the store and that the correct protocols for issue are followed and handling petty cash. At all times ensure that FZS allocated resources are used as per the FZS project strategy and operation plans, that FZS policies, donor standards and procedures are adhered to in order to attain the conservation support objectives of the Project. Ensure a good team spirit is maintained, and work with integrity and pride, in order to ensure sound working relationships with all partners.
- Take care of all assets under food store and Garage spares and making sure the store is neat and items are recorded to the QuickBooks;
- Raise a requisition form when food items and spare parts are needed;
- Assisting Driver-purchasing officer in monthly purchase of food items when needed;
- Receive all of the purchases from Purchasing Officer by writing receiving note and keep the record i.e. keep accurate records of all incoming and outgoing goods from food store and garage store;
- Issue/dispatch food rations to ranger post as required and on time using an issue note; similar to the garage issue note for spare parts.
- Issue a monthly report showing the cost of each post e.g. Ndasiata, Moru, De-snaring, etc. and send it to finance office for cost allocation (this can be done with assistance from Finance office if needed).
- Overall in charge and follow-up overall inventory management for food stuff and Garage spares parts
- Take physical inventory once a month to cross-check with the monthly inventory report, to be signed and checked by Project Accountant;
- Be responsible to ensure goods kept operate by ‘first in first out’ method (FIFO).
- To ensure recording of the necessary data in QuickBooks on time, upon receipt and issuing of food items and spare parts.
- Be responsible to ensure the quantity requested and the quantity issued always matches;
- Be responsible to ensure store requisition form is signed by the person collecting the goods and enter into the Inventory QuickBooks;
- Work closely with Purchasing Officer-Driver to order and receive items;
- Notify Operations and Logistics, in the absence of Project Accountant, of any low food stock levels;
- Handling petty cash, maintaining proper filling as per FZS standard;
- All spares stocks to be well maintained, and with items diligently entered into and out of the store;
- Work closely with the Operations and Logistic in order to maintain good stock levels.
Qualification and experience:
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma in Procurement and Logistics/Supplies Management, Business Administration and/or Accounting.
- At least Five (2) Years of progressive experience in handling Petty cash and managing store using Quick book software
- Ability to communicate and coordinate well with other staff, and work within a team, while keeping the principles of integrity, pride and discipline in the foreground
Mode of Application:
Your application should contain a cover letter, your chronological CV as well as qualifying certificates. Your cover letter should answer the following questions:
Why would you like to work for the advertised position?
What qualifications and personal qualities make you a good candidate?
Please send your electronic application documents (as one single pdf) and indicate your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 7th MAY 2021 at 16.00 HOURS