JIUNGE NASI WHATSAPP TU FOLLOW. BONYEZA HAPA
Job Opportunity at FHI 360-Deputy Chief of Party Technical Director
Deputy Chief of Party, Technical Director
Job Opportunity at FHI 360-Deputy Chief of Party Technical Director We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Technical Director/Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated USAID Next Generation OVC Activity in Tanzania. The Technical Director will provide technical leadership and oversight for the anticipated project. The Technical Director is responsible for the implementation of evidence-based, high quality, multi-sectoral interventions to improve the health and well-being of children and adolescents who are living with, affected by, and vulnerable to HIV. The Technical Director will manage the design and implementation of key components of the program and ensure adherence to global standards of excellence in health and social service delivery programming.
The position will be based in Dar es Salaam and will report to the Project Director/Chief of Party. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
Provide technical leadership in the development and implementation of strategies and interventions that are aimed at strengthening the delivery of quality, evidenced based interventions to mitigate the impact of HIV on children, adolescents, and their families, and prevent new infections among adolescent girls and young women.
Ensure that interventions are evidence-based and aligned with Tanzania’s National guidelines and policies.
Leads efforts to identify and incorporate best practices and innovations into programming for OVC and AGYW.
Leads the development and oversees the implementation of technical quality assurance strategies and activities, including technical guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and supportive supervision efforts.
Oversee a team of technical project staff and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the team members.
Oversee technical outputs of all partner organizations through regular field visits and facilitate work planning and regular technical meetings for all project partners.
Identify technical assistance and training needs among project staff, partners, government counterparts and beneficiaries and coordinate technical assistance provision, as needed.
Take a leadership role in the development and timely submission of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, and other project reports and deliverables.
Ensure project strategic objectives and results are achieved and meet expected technical quality standards.
Ensures that best practices and innovations are documented and disseminated.
Represent the project in technical meetings, conferences, and coordination platforms.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Social Work, or related field.
- At least 8-10 years of experience designing, implementing, and managing PEPFAR/USAID-funded OVC care and support projects and DREAMS programs for AGYW. Experience in OVC and DREAMS programming in Tanzania is highly desirable.
- Expertise in Case Management, pediatric HIV care, VAC/GBV prevention and response, HIV prevention among AGYW, Economic Strengthening, and Gender.
- Broad knowledge of Tanzanian policies and strategic frameworks for OVC care and support programming and HIV prevention programming for adolescents
- Proven ability to manage technical assistance teams and ability to integrate teams of professionals around common goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders including government representatives, local community organizations, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume workflow.
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office)
- This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
- FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
- Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.