JIUNGE MAGROUP YETU YA WHATSAPP. BONYEZA HAPA
Job Opportunities At Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS)-Regional Project Officer April 2022
ADVERTISEMENT FOR VACANCY.
Job Opportunities At Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS)-Regional Project Officer April 2022 Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under
nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with
the Ministries of Health (MOH), Ministry of Community Development Gender Elderly and
Special Groups; Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of
Health in Zanzibar and Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) with a goal of ensuring accessible
high–quality health care services to all Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems
for quality health services. THPS is currently implementing projects in comprehensive
HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Support and Treatment among general and key populations in
Pwani, Shinyanga and Kigoma regions; key & vulnerable populations across 15 district
councils across 4 mainland Tanzania regions, HIV and TB prevention among police and
prisons officers, staff, prisoners and Health laboratory services strengthening in all mainland
regions and Zanzibar.
TITLE: Regional Project Officer
REPORTS TO: GF Mlango II Project Manager (THPS)
LOCATION: Kilimanjaro Region
OVERALL JOB FUN CTION: The incumbent will be responsible to coordinate
implementation of the THPS Global Fund project ” Prevention Programs for Key and
Vulnerable Populations” (MSM, SW/ PWID and other vulnerable Population) in one of the
regions mentioned above S/he will work closely with Project Coordinator and other THPS
staff to ensure high–quality program implementation in the region.
KEY RESPON SIBILITIES:
• Work with Project Manager, THPS management, and other relevant THPS staff to
coordinate implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the THPS Global Fund
project in his/ her region
• Facilitate implementation all activities in the work plan in his/her Regional Program
Offices; and all resources for program implementation.
• Participate in the development of monthly, quarterly and annual work plans
• Accomplish and facilitate accomplishment of all Key Population and other vulnerable
group program activities in the work plan for your region to ensure all targets are met
• Ensure local government authorities and other stakeholders are conversant about
Global Fund KP and another vulnerable group project and participate in
implementation of the program.
• Facilitate quarterly program progress review meetings with R/CHMTs and other key
• Organize the trainings/ orientation of key personnel and outreach teams such as a
healthcare worker in the selected health facilities on the community–based HIV
prevention project, Peer Educators, CSOs/CBOs, CHW/CBHSPs
• Liaise with national and regional authorities and other stakeholders for Global Fund’s
for technical assistance and supportive guidance.
• Strengthen referral mechanism between the community – based outreach and health
• Coordinate and conduct mapping of hot spots and size estimation where KVP
including adolescent girls and young women are found
• Collaborate with Umbrella CSOs for execution of service agreements as agreed.
• Supervise the trained peer educators and Community Health Workers to implement the
outreach services and combination prevention among PWID, FSW, MSM, and Other
Vulnerable Population in THPS supported regions.
• Mentor and supervise peer educators and CHW/CBHSPs regularly during the outreach
sessions and lead regular meetings
• Ensure accurate data collection and timely, complete and clean reporting of regional
data (DQA) on quarterly basis
• Take leadership in distribution of national and relevant job aides, IEC materials related
and other commodities and supplies to key and vulnerable population program in the
region to community outreach workers and other stakeholders.
• Maintain relationship with MOH KVP unit, and Council Health Management Teams
(R/ CHMTs) and CSOs responsible for KVP services within THPS supported regions.
• Take leadership to ensure integration of other programs (TB, STIs, GBV, Cervical
Cancer Screening and TB/ HIV etc.) within KVP services in the region.
• Ensure linkage of PWID to drug treatment such as MAT Clinics, sober houses, mental
health clinics etc.
• Provide technical support to economic empowerment activities to KVP
• Strengthen multi–sectoral collaboration with Council HIV and AIDS Coordinators
(CHAC) and other partners including linkages with community–based organizations
• Take leadership in developing Abstracts, success stories, best practices, Manuscripts
and presentation for sharing using KVP data at regional level
• To provide technical assistance to CSO’s, districts and regions teams in implementing
paper based and electronic M&E systems for KVP project and related services
including data management, data quality assurance, data summarization and analysis,
and performance review
• To serve as a resource in the region for the evaluation of ongoing KVP programs and
data feedback to district, region and other key stakeholders
• To build the capacity of personnel in the region to better implement M&E systems
• To collaborate with regional partners (CSO’s) implementing donor–funded KVP
activities to ensure timely and accurate reporting across program areas
• To coordinate ‘with CHMTs and RHMT to implement timely and regular reporting of
key program indicators THPS HQ.
• Performing any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
RECOMMENDED Darasa la Cake By Nory Cakes-Tunafundisha Kupika na Kuremba Keki za Shughuli Mbalimbali Kwa Gharama Nafuu
QUALIFICATION S AND EXPERIENCE:
• Required: Degree in Nursing/Medicine/social sciences from a recognized academic
institution. Masters level degree or higher in related discipline such as Public Health
will be an added advantage.
• Required: minimum 3 years working experience in HIV care and/or HIV prevention
with a donor–funded organization. Preferred: experience with community–based
and/or KVP- focused HIV programs
• Experience in supervising/managing multidisciplinary teams of at least 10 staff, with
demonstrated skills in leading teams of public health professionals
• Required: Familiarity with donor funded projects. (CDC, Global Fund, USAID etc.).
• Required: At least three years’ experience of working with CSOs, Local Government
(RHMT and CHMT)
• Excellent communication skills, including writing and presentation skills. Fluent in
both Kiswahili and English.
• Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Access, \word, and Power point at minimum)
• Demonstrated knowledge on HIV/ AIDS prevention, care and treatment and adherence
and psychosocial support programs
• Demonstrated ability to provide strong technical guidance for any medical
interventions related to HIV care and prevention to KVP.
• Strong ability to liaise with external stakeholders and government officials.
• Experience in developing and executing work plans, budgets, reports, etc.
• Flexible to work after normal working hours and weekends at various community
• Ability to interact well ·with all targeted groups and peer volunteers by facilitating a
non–– judgmental, non–discriminatory, and non–stigmatizing environment in the
program, to welcome all beneficiaries regardless of their background.
Insurance Job | Ajira za Insurance Tanzania
procurements and supply Jobs in Tanzania
Records management jobs Tanzania
Human Resource Job in Tanzania
Nafasi za Kazi Business Administration|Business Administration jobs in Tanzania
Banking and Finance jobs in Tanzania
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV
four pages maximum to (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 26th April, 2022 with a position tittle as
a subject line, for example ‘’Regional Program Officer’’. Only shortlisted applicants will be
contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people
living with disability are encouraged to apply.
JIUNGE GROUP LETU LA TELEGRAM. BONYEZA HAPA