3. Scope of Work
3.1 Review the Association vision, mission and values statements that might provide a framework for the development of strategic goals and objectives to be pursued over the next five years
3.2 Conduct the stakeholders mapping and analysis
3.3 Undertake the situational analysis of TAWCA operation for five years:Identify the internal strengths and weaknesses of the TAWCA, and the external national and international challenges and opportunities relevant to the achievement of goals
3.4 Engage the TAWCA and relevant stakeholders to ensure that the strategic planning process is as participatory as possible
3.5 Through a consultative process and application of an appropriate tool of analysis, identify focus areas and develop strategic objectives and key result areas for the same
3.6 Review the institutional capacity, organizational set-up, financial and administrative systems against the TAWCA mandate and the identified strategic objectives and key result areas; and make recommendations, if any
3.7 Assess the Association’s comparative advantages and disadvantages relative to competitor organizations to define its unique and strategic operational positions.
3.8 Formulate implementation strategies for achieving these goals and objectives, including identifying target audiences and identifying partnerships and collaborations that facilitate goal achievement
3.9 Identify priorities and strategic directions and opportunities for TAWCA to provide innovative programs and services for members and other key stakeholders.
3.10 Recommend strategies to communicate and integrate the plan into the on-going work of TAWCA.
3.11 Develop a Results and Resources Framework for the plan period
3.12 Hold stakeholder meeting(s) to validate the draft Strategic Plan
3.13 Finalize Strategic plan and submit to TAWCA (Executive Director).
4.1 A five-year strategic plan including a results and resources framework
4.2 Report on the process including stakeholder consultations and workshops
5. Time span
This assignment is expected to be carried out for a period of 30 person-days
6. Institutional Arrangements
The Consultant will report directly to the Executive Director (Secretary of the Governing Council) of TAWCA. The association will provide relevant background documents necessary for the assignment including, Constitution, TAWCA Profile, TAWCA progress reports and policies. The TAWCA shall be responsible for the coordination of meetings and other activities under the Consultancy.
7.1 Experience and Qualifications
- At least a master’s degree in a relevant field in the area of planning, public policy, development studies
- At least five years professional experience in strategic planning and management
- Prior working experience on membership based organization is an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience in working with development partners and other stakeholders in non profit making programs especially in the area of capacity development
7.2 Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- High level written and oral communications skills in English and Kiswahili
- Must be result-oriented, a team player, exhibiting high levels of enthusiasm, tact, diplomacy and integrity
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and professional skills in interacting with members and development partners
- Skills in facilitation of stakeholder engagements/workshops
- Evidence of having undertaken similar assignments
- Experience in research, policy development, management and programming-related work
8. Application process
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications, which should include the following:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Proposal for implementing the assignment
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Cc email@example.com to reach us not later than Monday, 27th April 2020 at midnight, Tanzanian Time.
Ground Floor, Room No: 118,
Bibi Titi Mohamed Street.
P.O. Box 78752
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Jiunge Nasi Telegram⇒Bonyeza Hapa