Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Grants Manager position on the USAID funded Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity (TMA).
The USAID Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity (TMA) is anticipated to be a five-year contract to address dynamics that threaten habitat connectivity and the long-term presence of biodiversity in Tanzania. Interventions will support and strengthen government and civil society capacity for biodiversity conservation in a manner that: i) increases private sector engagement in conservation and natural resource management (NRM); ii) builds the capacity of the public sector and civil society; and iii) strengthens the policy and regulatory framework for conservation and NRM.
The Grants Manager will lead the implementation of Grants under Contract (GUC) activities for the TMA Project under the supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party, Operations. The Grants Manager will be responsible for managing a $7.5 million GUC portfolio in compliance with USAID and Tetra Tech procedures and policies. The Grants Manager will build the capacity of staff and grantees in grant management and compliance.
The position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
* Advise and assist in the design, development, and oversight of grants management policies, procedures, and practices.
* Provide policy guidance and interpretation for staff as well as grantees, and analyze and evaluate grant applications, proposals, and awards to ensure adherence to grants management policies.
* Advise and build the capacity of grantees as they prepare grant applications and compile supporting documentation and budgets.
* Ensure proper issuance of grant solicitations, negotiation of the terms and conditions, and review and analyze grantee budget estimates for allowability, allocability, reasonableness, and consistency.
* Monitor the performance of grantees to ensure compliance with grant terms and obligations, the fulfillment of anticipated grant-supported activities, and the submission of timely financial and activity reports and other deliverables.
* Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, business administration, economics, development, or similar field.
* Minimum of four (4) years’ experience managing grants under contract for USAID-financed projects.
* Experience designing grant procedures and manuals, training grantees on application/ response procedures and compliance issues.
* Experience monitoring and evaluating grantee performance.
* Experience at a management level ensuring compliance with USAID or USG grants and subcontracts regulations preferred.
* Familiarity with community-based conservation and natural resource management highly desirable.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
* Strong commitment to transparency and compliance and rigorous attention to detail;
* Previous experience working in Tanzania.
* Professional level English, both written and spoken, required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.