BACKGROUND OF TADB
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012. The bank has the following key objectives:
To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
Long-term Experts for the EU-funded African Governance Architecture Support Project (AGA-SP)
To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to theTanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA); To build on existing Agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas.
DRIVERS -2 Vacancies
Nature and Scope:
Reporting to the Zonal Manager, the role is responsible for providing a comfortable, customer centric, safe and timely driving services, regular cleaning and maintenance of the Banks Vehicles.
- Safely transporting TADB staff as well as various products and materials to and from specified locations in a timely manner.
- Assisting with the loading and offloading of staff luggage, products, and materials where necessary.
- Adjusting travel routes to avoid traffic congestion or road constructions.
- Promptly informing the Bank of any traffic fines charged against the bank’s vehicle during work hours.
- Ensuring that the company vehicle is always parked in areas that permit parking in order to avoid towing.
- Keeping the company vehicle clean and properly maintained by performing regular washing, cleaning and vehicle maintenance.
- Providing accurate time records of the company vehicle’s coming and goings.
- Reporting any accidents, injuries, and vehicle damage to management.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by your Line Manager/Supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
- Form IV and Class C driving license. Trade Test or Mechanics Certificate from a recognized institution.
- Two (2) years of safe driving experience is required. Possession of executive driving experience will be an added advantage.
- Clean driving record and sound knowledge of road safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of local roads and routes and the ability to utilize maps, GPS systems, and car manuals.
- Effective communication skills and punctuality.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Please note: applicants are required to apply to these roles by:
Filling in their personal details (include in your full name, physical address, telephone number and e-mail address); o
Attaching an application/cover letter.
Attaching current Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume with 3 referees.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Closing date: Applications should reach TADB not later than 4.00 pm on Thursday, 16 July 2020.