JIUNGE NA MAGROUP YETU YA WHATSAPP. BOFYA HAPAJobs in Tanzania 2020: New Jobs Vacancies at Tanzania Horticultural Association (TAHA) 2020
AJIRA TANZANIA 2020 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2020
Position: COMMUNICATIONS LEAD
DUTY STATION: ARUSHA
Under the broad guidance of the Chief Development Manager, the Communications Lead assumes primary responsibility for planning, developing and implementing communication strategies to promote TAHA’s Visibility and Outreach Agenda. The incumbent will also be responsible for developing partnerships with other relevant organizations and to disseminate information and create awareness about horticultural issues and progressions in the horticulture sector
- The Communication Lead will be in charge of the Communication & Information team, therefore he/she must demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- The Communications Lead will work closely with TAHA’s Program Department, Production Department and MEAL Unit to ensure relevant program materials such as Human Interest Stories, success stories, factsheets, infographs etc. are developed, shared and stored through relevant media and network channels. The Communications Lead will assist TAHA’s program office in the proposal development stage to identify appropriate communication activities for the projects.
- Media Relations: Develop and maintain contact information, materials and relationships with journalists and media outlets (print, TV, radio, web etc.) within and outside TAHA to increase coverage of horticulture issues in the media (print, broadcast and digital). Specific activities may include:
– Draft and edit articles, press releases, human interest stories and other advocacy/information materials.
– Collaborate with the media by organizing project site visits, facilitate photo coverage and TV footage and utilizing both web-based and traditional media as appropriate.
– Monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of media materials. Maintain a library of media coverage, clippings etc.
- Digital Communications/Social media: Maintain TAHA’s website and social media sites (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube) including daily monitoring, posting and content development and management.
- Communications Lead will ensure timely and quality production of advocacy and branding materials such as periodicals, annual and donor reports, supplements, calendars, briefing notes, success stories, picture stories, videos, posters, etc.
- The Communications Lead will develop and archive communication materials such as publications, press releases and clippings, photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources etc.
- Assist in developing donor visit schedules/brochures. Support preparation of background materials, briefs and information kits for visiting donors and high profile guests/visitors. The task includes travel planning, logistics and administrative arrangements.
- Events/campaigns: Assist in organizing and generating public support for special events and campaigns to promote strategic horticulture goals. Support organization of workshops, seminars, campaigns, events and project review meetings including agendas and meeting minutes.
- Monitoring and evaluation Monitor and evaluate impact of communication materials and advocacy events/campaigns to target audiences.
- The Communications Lead will have to work closely with program officers on a daily basis. He/She will maintain close interaction with communications and program staff of the TAHA network, and with entities associated with communications and horticulture work within and outside the government, including the local media and horticulture partners.
The incumbent Values and Ethics: The candidate must have high level of integrity, accountability, and punctuality and be willing to work beyond normal working hours. He/she must also demonstrate and be exemplary in portraying TAHA’s values and ethics. He/she must be a good team player.
Minimum Qualification and other Requirements:
Education: Bachelors Degree in communications, journalism, public relations or a related field.
Experience: At least five years of similar work experience is required. Candidate should be able to work independently – with minimum supervision and guidance from supervisors. Demonstrated and extensive social media experience is an added advantage. Leadership and team management experience is a desired attribute.
Skills: Must have an eye for editing and attention to detail. Excellent written and oral English/Kiswahili communication skills and proficiency are required. Knowledge of other languages/dialects is an asset. He/she should have advanced working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Publisher). Candidates with creative pop up design and layout skills and adept in using Adobe Photoshop and Pagemaker are an added advantage. TAHA has a lot of creative design to be done including the magazine therefore the incumbent must have a good technical understanding. Demonstrative and extensive social media experience is an added advantage.
Mode of application:
Please send your detailed CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to TAHA, Kanisa Road, Plot No. 49, P. O. Box 16520, Arusha. Envelopes should be clearly marked with the Job Title. Applications should reach us not later than July 29th 2020.