The Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) was established by the Ports Act No. 17 of 2004 as landlord port authority. It operates a system of ports serving the Tanzania hinterland and the landlocked countries of Malawi, Zambia, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Burundi, Rwanda and Uganda.
TPA currently performs the role of both a Landlord and Operator with the main functions of promoting the use, development and management of ports and their hinterlands, entering into contracts for the purpose of delegating the powers of the Authority (through licensing and concessioning ports services).
TPA administers a diverse system of Tanzania’s Mainland sea and inland water ways (Lake Ports). The major sea ports are Dar es Salaam, Tanga and Mtwara while smaller sea ports are Kilwa, Lindi, Mafia, Pangani and Bagamoyo. The lake ports under TPA mandate are: on Lake Victoria include Mwanza North and South Ports, Nansio, Kemondo Bay, Bukoba and Musoma: on Lake Tanganyika, are Kigoma and Kasanga: and on Lake Nyasa are Itungi Port, Kiwira, Manda Liuli and Mbamba Bay.
- To establish and coordinate system of Harbours.
- To provide facilities relating to Harbours and provide harbour services.
- With the approval of the Minister, to construct and operate new Harbours.
- To construct, operate and maintain beacons and other navigational aids.
- To carry on the business of stevedore, wharf age or lighter man.
- To act as a warehouseman to store goods, whether or not the goods have been or are to be, handled as cargo or carried by the Authority.
- To consign goods on behalf of the other persons to any place either within or outside the United Republic.
- With the approval of the Minister, to act as carriers of goods or passengers by land or sea.
- To provide amenities or facilities that the Authority considers necessary or desirable for persons making use of the facilities or services.
RECENT POSTED OPPORTUNITIES IN AJIRAFORUM.COM
- NECTA Matokeo ya Darasa la Saba Mtihani wa Marudio 2022/2023: Standard seven Repeat Examination Results
- Matokeo ya Kidato cha nne Tanzania Kimikoa 2022/2023 | Form Four CSEE Results necta.go.tz
- NECTA Matokeo ya Mtihani wa Taifa Darasa la nne (4) 2022/2023 :Standard Four National Assessment(SFNA) Results
- How to check Form Two National Assessment (FTNA) Result 2022/2023 Results
- 32 Transfer Job Vacancies at EWURA January 2023
- 35 Drivers Opportunities at Caliber Hauliers Tanzania Limited January 2023
- Job Vacancies at Community Wildlife Management Areas Consortium January 2023
- Job Vacancies at Geita Gold Mining January 2023
- Job Vacancies at Dar es Salaam University College of Education (DUCE) January 2023
- Job Vacancies JVACEE (Julius Nyerere Hydropower Project) Janurary 2023
MAJINA YA WALIOITWA KWENYE USAILI TPA(BANDARI)
Job Vacancies Tanzania Ports Authority(TPA) November 2022 Job Vacancies Tanzania Ports Authority(TPA) November 2022 This post Contain New Job Vacancies...
13 Trainee Pilots at Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) November 2022 13 Trainee Pilots at Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) November 2022...
10 Trainee Marine Engineers at Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) November 2022 Job Overview Trainee Marine Engineer II – 10 Posts...
AJIRA:Nafasi za Kazi MAMLAKA YA BANDARI (TPA)| Job Vacancies Tanzania Ports Authorities AJIRA:Nafasi za Kazi MAMLAKA YA BANDARI (TPA)| Job...
UTUMISHI: List of Names Called for Interview Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) May 2022 UTUMISHI: List of Names Called for Interview...
12 Job Vacancies Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) January 2022 12 Job Vacancies Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) January 2022 Tanzania Ports...