Amended Registration for the 2021 Senior certificate examination
Amended Registration for the 2021 Senior certificate examination Adults that qualify to write the 2020 Senior Certificate(amended) examination must register for the examination from 01 October 2019 until 31 January 2020. Candidates may register at any provincial education office (which includes the provincial head office, the district office or a circuit office) OR register online on www.eservices.gov.za (online registration accessible from 08 October 2019).
To be registered you will need to submit the following:
- Completed registration form
- A certified copy of your ID document or birth certificate or passport (foreign candidates)
- Repeater candidates must attach a copy of their previous highest qualification
- If you have you entered and wrote any other Grade 12 or equivalent examination before you will need to supply the examination numbers for those exams.
The following candidates will qualify for admission to the Senior Certificate:
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older who have:
- a General Education and Training Certificate (GETC); or
- a Grade 9 school report (or the old standard seven), stating that they have passed Grade 9 or Standard 7; or
- a recognised equivalent qualification obtained at NQF Level which requires two official languages.
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete Senior Certificate qualification.
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete National Senior Certificate and whose School-Based Assessment (SBA) validity has expired.
- Only in exceptional cases, out of school youth, who are 18-21 years old and who could not complete their school education due to circumstances beyond their control, as verified by the Head of Department in the Provincial Education Department.
- Adult candidates who are 21 years and older with an incomplete NSC and whose School-Based Assessment component has not yet expired may choose to complete the NSC by registering in January for the 2020 NSC examinations to be written in November, or convert to the Senior Certificate. Should the candidate choose to convert to the Senior Certificate, they may not revert to the NSC and attempt to complete the NSC qualification.
For information on registration criteria, subject choices and promotion requirements visit the Senior Certificate page on http://www.education.gov.za/Curriculum/SeniorCertificate.aspx
Electronic registration (e-Registration) for adults planning to write the June 2020 Senior Certificate examinations is available to candidates from all provinces. The open period for e-registration is from 8 October 2019 to 31 January 2020.
Please note the following before you register online:
Valid RSA ID number
- Only candidates with a valid RSA ID number will be able to register online. This same ID number will appear on your final Umalusi certificate.
Valid email address
- You will need to provide a valid email address. If you do not have an email address, you may register for one at any of the free email service providers (Gmail, Yahoo etc.). Your Admission Letter and other documentation will be sent to this email address.
Valid cell phone number
- You will need to provide a valid cell phone number and have the phone with you when you register. During registration a One-Time-Pin, which is needed to complete registration, will be sent to this cell phone number.
- You will need to provide electronic copies of supporting documentation (copy of certified Identity Document, previous qualifications and Special Needs approval if relevant). The size of these copies should not exceed 512Kb per document. File types which will be accepted by the system are: PDF, JPG, JPEG, TIFF and PNG.
Also apply for these:
- If you have registered previously on the e-Gov Portal you don’t need to register again, just login with your previous login details (“Register” becomes “Login” in step 2 in the diagram below).
- Eastern Cape: MS N Lehlakane: Tel:043 604 7709 / 7701
- Free State: Mr TK Basjan: 051 404 8397
- Gauteng: Mr B Ngubane: 011 355 0307
- KwaZulu-Natal: Dr B Mthembu: 031 327 0245/0444
- Limpopo: Mr NW Mphahlele: 015 290 7627
- Mpumalanga: Mr CS Manyabeane: 013 766 0006
- North West: Mr BJ Nothnagel: 018 388 0803
- Northern Cape: Ms P Phuzi: 053 839 6302
|DISTRICT OFFICES||DIRECTOR||TEL NUMBER||PHYSICAL ADDRESS|
|Butterworth||Mr MA Jack||0474017704||Ex Butterworth College, Mission Location|
|Cofimvaba||Mr TM Skama||0478740536||42 Windus Street, Cofimvaba|
|Cradock||Mr EG Klaasen||0488018607||14 Dundas Street, Cradock|
|Dutywa||Mr AM Dwangu||0474892247||419 Railway Street, Public Works Premesis, Dutywa|
|East London||Mr S Mnguni||0437600542||Rubusana Blvd, Mdantsane|
|Fort Beaufort||Mr S Stofile||0466457802 | 0844664911||Healdtown Road, Healdtown Education College, Fort Beaufort|
|Graaff-Reinet||Mr N De Bruyn||0498072231||Dept. of Education, Paul Kruger Str, Graaff Reinet|
|Grahamstown||Mr AT Fetsha||0466033299||St. Aidans Ave, Grahamstown, 1001|
|King Williams Town||Mr FC Sokutu||0436043216||145 Eagle Street, King Williams Town|
|Lady Frere||Mr GN Jojwana||0478780391||59 Sandile Street, Lady Frere|
|Libode||Mrs T C Vikilahle||0475310063||KG Mathanzima Bld, Owen Street, Mthatha|
|Lusikisiki||Mr TE Binase||0392531946||Lusikisiki College, R61 Main Road, Lusikisiki|
|Maluti||Mr Mtatyana||0392560594||Maluti College of Education, Maluti township, Matatiele|
|Mbizana||Mr VV Mkentane||0392510279||Magistrate Office, Main Street, Bizana|
|Mt Fletcher||Mr AM Mpupu||0392570963||Resource Centre, Hospital Road Dept. of Education, Mount Fletcher|
|Mt Frere||Mr Sobikela||0392551735/6/7||Old Mutual Building, Main Street, Mt. Frere|
|Mthatha||Mr TT Dyasi||0475024206||Botha Sigcau Building, Office No.41, Ground Floor, Mthatha|
|Ngcobo||Ms K J Mngambi||0475481004||Titus Building, Corner Church & High Str. Ngcobo|
|Port Elizabeth||Dr N Ntsiko||0414034405||Dept of Education PE, 42 Sutton Str, Sydwell|
|Queenstown||Mr N Godlo||0458085701/12||Ex Masibulele Complex, Whittlesea|
|Qumbu||Mrs LN Dyodo||0475530142||82 South Street, Resource Centre Building, Qumbu|
|Sterkspruit||Mr N Magadu||0516110766/0853 | 0837737285 | 0516110052||No.1 Benson Str, Benson College, Sterkspruit|
|Uitenhage||Mrs NG Bashman||0419954002 | 0419954072||87 Canon Street, Uitenhage, 6230|