JIUNGE NA MAGROUP YETU YA WHATSAPP. BOFYA HAPA
2 Properties & Premises Officer Job at Hannah Bennie School (HBS) 2022
2 Properties & Premises Officer Job at Hannah Bennie School (HBS) 2022 Welcome Ajiraforum.com in this Nafasi za kazi Hannah Bennie School (HBS) informative Article You will get Latest Job Vacancies Announced by HBS in October 2022.
Job Description – Properties & premises Officer
The needs of the school will require a flexible approach to shift work, including some work at weekends. Holidays: Leave will not normally be granted during the term time and other peak times e.g. enrollment (late August to February)
Main Purpose of Job:
- To be responsible for all aspects of the School’s facilities management and premises staff to ensure the cleanliness, safety and security of the School buildings and grounds at all times.
- To contribute to school decisions regarding premises management and develop.
- Knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical systems would be beneficial.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the overall security arrangements of the premises including ensuring that staff are aware of the procedures on security and the use of alarm systems, that there is an appropriate system of key holding management, that periodic reviews off site security are conducted and that appropriate progress is followed through. To issue and monitor the use of security cards and keys within the school.
- Ensure the standards of cleanliness are high, and that the cleaning contract is value for money.
- To draw up maintenance schedules and set routine programmes of work for cleaning staff, premises and grounds maintenance staff to ensure consistently high standards of hygiene, cleanliness, upkeep and safety of all school buildings and premises.
- To be responsible for the upkeep of playing fields, gardens, all weather surfaces and to ensure the maintenance of boundaries, footpaths, roads and rights of way within the school premises.
- To be responsible for the letting of the school premises to outside organizations and school staff, and for the development of all school facilities for out-‐of-‐school use ensuring high level of customer satisfaction.
- To manage and operate systems of staffing cover for lettings and other community usage of the premises, to advise on the security of buildings during periods of lettings and to ensure appropriate cooling arrangements are made to meet lettings demands.
- To ensure that all statutory elements of health and safety are implied and undertaking responsibility for monitoring first aid and emergency supplies and equipment and maintaining the premises in a safe and healthy condition and to a high standard.
- In co-‐operation with the Fire Service, to be responsible for the installation and maintenance of all firefighting and fire alarm systems. To ensure the maintenance and periodic checking of fire and other safety equipment by specialist contractor. To undertake the operation and periodic checking of the fire alarm system and equipment as detailed in the Fire Safety log book. To initiate and record regular fire drills.
- To monitor the safe storage and control of any potentially harmful materials and chemicals used within the School and ensure that such materials are appropriately marked and signposted.
- To be responsible for all aspects of the school’s risk management, including ensuring all necessary risk assessments are completed and the necessary checks are in place to meet all audit requirements.
- To be responsible for the planned and ad hoc maintenance and upkeep of the premises and equipment including the required safety checks. To liaise with contractors as required.
- To determine whether maintenance should be undertaken in-‐house or by commissioned contract services and to assist in the selection of contract services where appropriate, through consultation with the Head of the school and in accordance with the finance scheme of delegation.
- To be the client side link with contracting staff, contribute to specifications, monitoring and review of all major contracts and services and to undertake appropriate administrative processes for specifying and letting minor contracts in accordance with established guidelines.
- To liaise with client nominated officers as directed.
- To be responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of all premises-‐related mechanical, electrical, cooling services and other plant, including ensuring the completion of all annual portable appliance testing, monitoring and recording of meter readings/returns as require. To take appropriate action to ensure and monitor proper safe levels of lighting, cooling and ventilation.
- To review cooling, electricity and water usage and to advise the Head Teacher on proposals for energy saving methods.
- To be responsible for the line management of all premises and ground maintenance staff, to include participating in their recruitment and selection, identifying their training needs and drawing up their programme of work.
- To be responsible for the ordering and checking of invoices, monitoring of budgets and keeping stock records of all equipment and tools within the postholders’ sphere of responsibility.
- To manage all aspects of any building projects and maintenance work undertaken on the school premises, including acting as a point of contact with regard to liaison with building contractors.
- Where external contractors/inspectors are employed, to monitor work and certify that work has been done satisfactorily.
- To attend meetings of the premises committee and site meetings as necessary.
- To be responsible for devising, reviewing and updating the school’s disaster recovery plan through consultation with the Head Teacher, and to ensure such procedures are clearly communicated to all staff and members of the school management team.
- Respond (on a list basis) to call outs by police and Alarm Company Control during closure periods including nights and weekends in compliance with the schools Policy.
- To be aware of and adhere to applicable school rules, regulations, legislation and procedures, national legislation (Health and Safety, COSHH, Data Protection).
- To maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for the school.
- To be responsible for your own continuing self-‐development, undertaking training as appropriate.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the grading of the post as required
- Planning and Project Management Skills (Essential)
- Financial Planning and Negotiating Skills with the ability to manage a budget (Essential)
- Change Management and ability to drive change(Desirable)
- Ability to search for solutions to seemingly complex issues (Essential)
- Ability to work effectively both in collaboration with other professionals/teams and also on own initiative(Essential)
- Ability to influence people who are not part of your team (Essential)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to relate to young people, parents, colleagues and external 3rd parties (Essential)
- Excellent organizational skills / Time management / Ability to prioritize and organize own workload / able to work to deadlines (Essential)
- Excellent IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word Essential Knowledge Base Knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements (Essential)
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements (Essential)
- Essential Understanding of child protection issues (Essential)
- Knowledge of routine preventive maintenance (Essential)
- Educated to A Level and above (Desirable)
- Relevant professional qualifications (facilities management/project management (Essential) or similar) or willingness to undertake qualification
- Up to date First Aid at Work Qualification (school can arrange) (Essential)
- Full driving license preferably with D1 Essential Experience (Essential)
- Experience of project management and change management (Essential)
- Experience of managing budgets (Essential)
- Experience of managing staff (Essential)
- Experience of managing facilities in a school (Desirable)
- Experience of managing 3rd parties (Essential)
Honesty and integrity (Essential)
Professional and approachable attitude (Essential)
Willingness to learn new skills (Essential)
Self-‐motivated with a positive ‘can do’ approach to work (Essential)
Well Presented (Essential)
Flexible over working hours according to the needs of the school (Essential)
How to Apply:
Please email a resume/CV, cover letter explaining how you meet the requirement for this role and academic transcripts to email@example.com The deadline for applications is 15th October 2022, but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so please consider applying early to ensure your application is reviewed.
Please ensure that you mention www.ajiraleo.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Note: PHONE CALLS RELATED TO JOB ENQUIRIES ARE NOT ALLOWED. IF YOU HAVE ANY ENQUIRIES RELATED TO JOB VACANCIES, PLEASE SEND TO THE HR EMAIL (firstname.lastname@example.org)